Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cellular Phone Service, What Are The Things To Look For?

People often come to me wondering if I have any advice for them as they are looking for a cellular phone service. I don’t know why they come to me other than I have, unintentionally of course, made a name for myself for being a technology freek that does a lot of research for all of the cool gadgets that I buy. What I want them to realize though is that I am giving them sound advice for finding service in general for whatever they buy, not just cell phones.

My number one important factor is accessibility of service. To me the most valuable thing that I have and that many people don’t take into account is their time. For anything like this you need to at least factor in your wage (if not more for the annoyance of being put on hold) when you spend time that you would rather be doing something else. If you can find a cellular phone service that is always at your beckon call then you are making considerable savings going with them even if they may be a little more expensive up front.

Number two thing to look for in a good cellular phone service is a broad range of coverage. Now here is something most people don’t understand, and that is that the range of a cell phone and the inconvenience of dropped calls is in large part due to the individual phone that you have. You see they have receivers of varying powers and therefore can make a service look better or worse than it actually is. The thing that I am talking about here is the number of towers and how far ranging and dense they are. This is especially true in the areas that you frequent but you must have broad because there are many times that you are in transit that you may need to make an important call but can do to the lack of coverage.

Third, but not least important, is the customer service philosophy of the business which is most apparent in the way that the lower level staff support treats you. You want to find a cellular phone service that understands the value of a good loyal and satisfied customer that will use their service for many years into the future. This will allow them to forgive and eliminate some of the charges that are meant to keep people responsible, rather than hurt responsible people who mess up once in a great while.

No comments: